[at-l] Dog question: Maine AT

Not specific to Maine or Mahoosuc Notch, but I have a write-up on my web
site that deals with other aspects of hiking with dogs.

You can read it here:

http://friends.backcountry.net/m_factor/dogs.html

In addition to some of the issues that Twilight mentioned, it goes into more
details and hard questions about your dogs interactions with others on the
trail (people, animals, gear, etc.), their behavior, and their owners
expectations.

This is written from the perspective of someone who does not own a  dog.  It
is based on my observations along the trail and my discussions with dog
owners.  I have had positive feedback from dog owners and quite a few have
said I've brought up points they've never considered.

Mara
Stitches, AT99