Re[2]: [at-l] Gortex boots--is it worth it?

>"... Gaitors let you keep the bulk of weather out of your boots, block ticks
>and other critters from grabbing hold and make a nice fashion statement."

And help block some of that pint of sweat from escaping. I personally think a
goretex lining is more an advertising gimmick than a valuable addition to boots.
I want a boot that dries out quickly because mine always get wet -- from sweat,
from crossing streams and from heavy rains and wet snow. Goretex makes drying
slower in my experience.

 Weary