From: "Clair Von Handorf" <vonhandorfc@NKU.EDU>
To: <at-l@mailman.backcountry.net>
Sent: Thursday, December 12, 2002 9:55 AM
Subject: [at-l] Gortex boots--is it worth it?

First, I tried looking for information about this in the archive but didn't
have any luck.
I'm just trying to find out if it's worth getting the gortex lining on
hiking boots.  It seems like my feet are going to get wet no matter what
when I'm on the AT in 2003, so why bother with the price?  Plus, gortex
takes forever to dry out once it does get wet.

Also, I was looking at the Vasque Clarion Impact.  Any opinions?  I was
planning on starting out w/ this midweight boot and switching to a trail
runner in the summer.

thanks in advance,
Clair