Re[2]: [at-l] Hiking Advice (2)

-----Original Message-----
From: Bob C. [mailto:ellen@clinic.net]
Sent: Thursday, December 12, 2002 10:50 AM
To: Billie H. Cleek

>"...If I'm cold and wet with no way to change that I'll stop to eat.  If
I'm
>wet and hungry with no way to change that I'll make sure I'm warm.  If I'm
cold
>and hungry with no way to change that I'll make sure I'm dry" thinks B.
Cleek.

You'll see.

 Weary

I remember trying to explain the appeal of the trail to non-hiking friends.
My day-to-day life is pretty demanding, so I put it this way: Being on the
trail is a luxury. It's a release. All I have to do is walk, eat, drink,
keep adequately warm, and sleep. No matter how challenging [hard, cold, wet,
hungry], the day has been, it's all better when I get to the shelter, stop
hiking, get warm, and eat. It's a treat at the end of every day.

Give Me Chocolate