[at-l] My vote.

Keeping a list strictly on topic serves people who simply want to put a hike
together.  A recipe laying out a means to cook a meal.  We may all start
from this same point, hungry for something.

Some of us eventually want to learn HOW to cook, not just to assemble a
number of meals.  A cookbook, instructional series, or collection of
interested people can be useful for this larger purpose.

The First Amendment to the U.S. Constitution is remarkable.  It guarantees
the Freedom of Speech for citizens to which the constitution applies.  It is
the envy of much of the world.  It is a pain for many government and
business leaders, and for some citizens alike.  Lists are not required to
abide by this freedom.  This list seems to hold the concept dear, and
accepts the attending pain.

Thank you.  THANK YOU.

I vote for freedom, for so long as we can stand it.  And, I hope we can
tolerate it forever.

Steve