[at-l] Hiking Advice (2)

--
In a message dated 12/11/2002 3:11:58 PM Eastern Standard Time,
greyowl@rcn.com writes:

> Seriously people there is such a thing as overplanning. There is a word for
> it, anal retention.

Isn't that related to the word I used earlier?

Anyway... Lots of people try to over plan a hike....
That's where the various lists/books/etc. come in..
To let them know not to overplan. That it's OK.

> <SNIP>
OK we may not talk of gear or mail drops, but we do talk of the spirit and
soul. That
> is probably the most import of the
> hike.
>
> Grey Owl

This is what Warren covered at the Gathering in his workshop too....
Attitude is the MOST important thing you need to bring on the trail....
The rest will work itself out...

And the list does talk mail drops too.. POG put a URL out there for Mail drop
prep
(from her class at the Gathering)...Baltimore Jack did too.
All good to use as a guideline, but remember it's your hike... The less you
plan a schedule, the more you will probably enjoy journey.

Russ (Gimp)