[at-l] AT2004 Yahoo Group

First rule of any mailing list: at least 90% of the members are lurkers in
any list. So the idea that the traffic on this list is inhibiting people
from posting is unlikely. Most folks don't post period.

But we have had discussions on winter camping, where to hike for a week long
trip, tent selection, hammocks, all sorts of hardware threads and lots of
other sharply related topics. All anyone has to do is ask a question, these
do not go unanswered.

But your idea that a large group of people should just hang around waiting
for certain questions is impractical. Most folks would lose interest pdq and
go away, you have to have a mix of topics. Some interest the active members
and some are of interest to people joining to get special info.

Bryan

"Si vis pacem para bellum"