[at-l] Re: water filters...

I  checked the Hach catalog today, just glanced at it, and they seem to have
dipstick type tests for about $3 a test. You get total coliforms and total
aerobic bacteria from these and they are semi-quantitative. The tube with
the dipstick in it probably has to be kept warmish, 35 C or so, for a day or
two but the tests are fairly bullet-proof. We've used similar tests for iron
and sulfur bacteria in the lab.

Bryan

"Si vis pacem para bellum"