[at-l] every once in a while...

>William, The "I'm Napoleon" Turtle writes:

>Speaking of computers...  Has anyone tried the "waterproof" papers in a
>computer printer?  I understand they make some.  Well actually I scanned a=
>ad or article for software that prints topos.  And they recommended a
>waterproof paper.  Does it work?

I tried printing on "Rite in the Rain" All-Weather Copy Paper using my HP O=
fficeJet.  It didn't work.  The ink didn't stick to the paper.

Then I read the directions that came with the paper. (Something I would nev=
er do under normal circumstances!)  The directions said to use the paper wi=
th a LaserJet printer or a photocopier.  Most InkJet printers use water bas=
ed ink that, understandably, doesn't adhere to water resistant paper.

If you only have an InkJet printer, one solution is to print an original on=
 regular paper and then take it to a copy shop and have them copy it onto t=
he your waterproof paper.

Big Red

Greg Benkert
gbenkert@fuse.net