[at-l] antibiotics/West Nile

West Nile is a virus and aantibiotics will not help you.  In addition it is=
 a mosquito borne disease.  Wear a lot of DEET.  I have recently read a num=
ber of articles about West Nile and the major conclusion is that it is no m=
ore serious than the flu (one must remember that the common flu kills betwe=
en 5 and 20 thousand people a year).  We hear a lot about people who die fr=
om West Nile.  Most of these people were immuno comprimised (ie.  very old =
or very young, or taking immuno suppressant drugs).

Again, plenty of Deet, long sleeves, long pants, don't camp near swampy are=
as.

Grey Owl