[at-l] 2,000 + 167 + what?

Well on all my AT sections this year I kept track and got some interesting
numbers:

DWG to Kent:  AT=171.8, extra=9.75 or 5.7%
Kent to Manchester: AT=184.6, extra=6.7 or 3.6%
Manchester to Kinsman Notch: AT=147.6, extra=7.4 or 5%
Kinsman to Gorham: AT=90.9, extra=1.6 or 1.8%
Gorham to Stratton: AT=95.8, extra=17.5 or 18.3%

Total AT=690.7, extra=42.95 or 6.2%

What, you may say, was going on in Maine?  Well in Maine I made a point of
taking all the side trails to major peaks, which
included Goose Eye, Old Speck, Abraham, Sugarloaf and Redington.  It was
worth the extra miles.

And when I go back you can be sure I'll get The Hermitage, Gulf Hagas,
Antlers, White House Landing and anything else that seems inviting.

Take time to smell the roses!  You may never pass this way again.

Regards
Pb

Phil Heffington  Phil.Heffington@oc.edu writes
Tue, 10 Dec 2002 12:55:08 -0600