[at-l] Deer hunter shoots car...

Shane,

Reference your humorous hunting experience, posted 12-10-02.

This is off-point, but your post reminded me of it.

This story has been told at least twice by some former professional football
player about going hunting, I believe in West Virginia, with another
football player.  (I've forgotten their names.)

They go to a farm to hunt deer, where the farmer had agreed to let them hunt
his property.  The story teller had hunted there before, his friend had not.

The friend leaves to scout the property while the story teller chats with
the farmer.  He notices the farmer is quite sad.  The farmer advises one of
his mules is sick, he loves his mules, and he cannot bear to "put it down."

The story teller asks the farmer if the farmer would like him to do the job.
  The farmer considers it a valued favor.

The farmer leaves.  The story teller, awaiting his friend's return, decides
to play a trick on his friend.

His friend returns.  The story teller and his friend get their gear together
and leave the farmhouse to begin hunting.  When they get to the mule corral,
the story teller, without saying anything, shoots the sick mule.  His
friend, without losing a step, begins killing off the remaining mules.

Grim, but still.

Steve