[at-l] Voodoo Science.

Spirituality in science?  or humility?

pick your science:

Einstein:  in the new physics, there is no place for both field and matter,
because field is the only reality

Willis Jager: there aren't two kinds of laws: matter and mind.  rather,
there is a single continuous law for both matter and mind.  matter is the
domain of space in which the field is extremely dense

De Chardin: concretely speaking, there is no matter and spirit - there is
only matter becoming spirit.

Stephen Hawking: what is it that breathes fire into the equations and makes
a universe for them to describe?

Bhagavad Gita: Behind the manifest and unmanifest there is an existence
that is eternal and changeless.  This existence is not dissolved in the
general cosmic dissolution.  Fools pass blindly by it, and of its majesty
know nothing.  It is nearer than knowing...

and my favorite, from the Scientific Method-man himself, Francis Bacon: the
subtlety of nature is far beyond that of sense or of the understanding; so
that the specious meditations, speculations, and theories of mankind are
but a kind of insanity, only there is no one to stand by and observe it.

Food for thought in a day and age where science and technology are viewed
as the (w)holy grail of the modern world.

Adam the pseudo-neo-Luddite