[at-l] Re: water filters...

Walter Daniels wrote:  "Clearly none of you have priced water sample
testing."

Depends on where you are and what you want to test.  If you want to test for
minerals or chemicals you can send usually samples to your local land grant
University Extension Office (Auburn, Georgia, Clemson, North Carolina State,
Virginia Tech, etc).  If you want bacteriological testing, your county
health department may be able to do it.  Go to any of these Universities'
web sites and search for "water testing".  Here's a good link from the
University of Georgia:  http://www.ces.uga.edu/pubcd/c819-9w.html.

My guess is that its still expensive - only we pay for the testing via our
tax money so its not as obvious.

Charles