[at-l] Dog question: Maine AT

For a friend on another forum who hikes with a dog, I have two questions.
Please answer if you have first- (or second-) hand information:

1) Anyone know of problems with a dog going through Mahoosuc Notch (I'm
guesing they might have an easier time than a hiker)?

2) Are dogs allowed on the Kennebec ferry (I know there's a new ferryman
coming next year, but past experiences would be appreciated)?

This note is NOT about the question: "Are dogs good to bring on a
thru-hike", so please stick to the above two specific questions.  This hiker
is sectioning Maine in 2003.

Thanks
Pb