From: "Ryan K. Brooks" <ryan@hack.net>
To: <at-l@backcountry.net>; <pct-l@backcountry.net>
Sent: Monday, December 09, 2002 12:49 AM
Subject: [at-l] Still looking for someone with a network... (admin)

Hi All,

I'm still looking for someone who could provide connectivity to my
backup dns and mail server.   This machine only uses bandwidth if my
connection goes down.   Basically, I'm asking for:

- A 10 or 100 meg ethernet port
- A single static IP, not behind a firewall (or behind a firewall with
SSH, SMTP, tcp/udp 53-DNS and outbound wide open).
- AC power for a small Sun server.  I can provide a UPS if power is
unreliable.
- Relatively stable location (i.e. at a solid job, unlike mine :-), or
at someone's home 24x7 static connection)
- Minimum of 128kbps symmetric bandwidth available.
- Not on a network using Charter Communications or Time Warner Telecom
for primary transit.

This would really help out the lists, as I've had to move both my
primary and backup DNS/MX to the same location.   This will require no
local work on your part, as these servers are extremely reliable and
have uptimes exceeding one year.  Worst case, in the event of  a
hardware failure I would simply send out new equipment.

Thanks for any help,

Ryan