[at-l] PA Pointed Rocks

--
In a message dated 12/9/2002 1:50:53 PM Eastern Standard Time,
glendahubbard@yahoo.com writes:

> Take care Hummingbird and whenever possible...BLUE
> BLAZE it!!!

LOL... there's a great blue blaze between 501 Shelter and Port Clinton.  It's
on a ski mobile trail, and may have been old AT one time.  It isn't much
shorter, if at all, but you'll miss miles of rocky trail.  You'll also miss
the Eagle's Nest Shelter, but the "trail" has a nice spring on it, right off
the road, to the right, heading north.  The AT crosses the road a few miles
south of town, in a couple different places.

If I remember correctly, you should see it as an old road, check out your
map.  We slacked it, from the shelter to town.  I think that was my longest
day on the AT.

Ah, the adventure of blue-blazing!

Sly