[at-l] Re: Pennsylvania Pointed Rocks

On Mon, 2002-12-09 at 08:06, Gregory A. Benkert wrote:

> In practice on the trail, anyone who is spending the season hiking the trail is referred to as a thru-hiker regardless of whether they have skipped sections or not.

bah - for what its worth, i refer to myself as a thruhiker (even though
I still have 300 miles or so to do) EXCEPT when im talking to other long
distance hikers (they and I would both know better).

the first few times I got some putz who couldnt walk to the corner
without getting out of breath telling me I hadnt done something special
for "only" walking 1800 miles in 6 months left a bitter taste.

hike your own hike and do what feels right to you. Just setting foot on
springer sets you apart, far from the maddening crowd.

(and, really, PA isnt all that bad. Anyone tell you that virginia is
flat and/or easy yet? theyre not your friend if they did =-) =-)   )

--sugardaddy