[at-l] Water Filters

You miss the point. It is not that I don't filter my water (usually
inline filter or gravity filter set up), but that water treatment is
not as vital as other hygiene. Unfortunately, folks interrupting their
trips secondary to gastroenteritis may not recognize that dirty  pots,
handshakes and shared GORP were the cause of their "beaver fever."

BTW, what is the gastrointestinal condition most likely to end a hike?
Answer, constipation.

Bill...