[at-l] Water filters/questions for AT '00/01/02s

> What system did you use?
Polar Pure on a selective basis.  SWAG (silly wild arsed guess) as to
whether to treat water or not.  I would not usually treat water from springs
with no developement in the area,  pretty much always treated water from
creeks or streams.  Also, consider treating water after hard rains, as the
runoff will collect contaminates and carry them to the surface water.

> Did you get sick?
No, nothing that I would attribute to giardia or other water borne pathogens

> Where/when was the worst water?
I was uneasy about water in areas that are developed for human use.  Like
parts of VA where all the water source seem to origionate in cow pastures.
Also NJ due to developement and the general perception of NJ being a
pollutors haven.  Water in PA was ok but usually .5 or more off the trail
:-(

> Where/when was the sweetest?
GA, NC and TENN had abundant springs and good flows in the spring.  With the
routing of the trail away from developed areawas is generally plentiful and
reasonably safe.

> thanks,
> TJ

My pleasure