[at-l] help...

At 08:21 PM 12/6/2002 -0500, Clark wrote:
>Reminds me of a true story - if you've ever been to the Bugaboos in
>Canada, there is a spot off the side of the rather rugged dirt road that
>leads to the approach trail where most climbers and hikers park - and if
>you don't literally surround your car/truck/SUV with chickenwire, the
>local population of 4-legged furry friends will literally attack all of
>the rubber hoses under your vehicle, and even in the engine compartment,
>and totally disable the thing!  Apparently they have become conditioned
>to seek out the salts or some other chemicals in brake fluid and
>antifreeze . . . I swear, this is a true story!
I can vouch for the truth of that but the 4 legged friends weren't exactly
"furry".  I once lived on 20 acres in the midst of a state reforestation
area.  The porcupines liked the scotch pine the state planted and they also
like my tires and brake hoses.  I went through 12 brake hoses one
summer.  Thank God for the mechanical hand brake or I wouldn't have gotten
to work quite a few times.  I should have kept some of the hose ends with
teeth marks.  Some people still don't believe me.  The parts guy didn't
until I showed him the hoses (what was left of them).

sAunTerer  (BTW Porkies will do it to your boots if you aren't careful to
put them out of reach)