[at-l] Handbook/Companion

"Bob C." wrote:
> >"...The common source is the Trail and the community itself.  The
>Companion was
> >written independently by people who did their own research.  WF seems to
>have a
> >problem with that.  Maybe because it cuts him out of the loop?" thinks
>Jim.
>
>I haven't seriously analyzed either guide in recent years, but until a few
>years
>ago, it was obvious to me that they shared a common written source. Even
>the
>errors sometimes were written in nearly identical words.

LOL!!!

I wouldn't argue about what "you" see - but if what you imply were true, WF
would have been all over ATC and ALDHA like a duck on a June bug.  I've done
the same comparison - and found no more correlation than one would expect
given that they're written about precisely the same trail/facilities.  We
generally find what we're looking for - even if it's not there.

What I found a year or so ago was that the Companion included facilities
that were absent from the Handbook.  Yeah - I found what I was looking for.

Maybe the Handbook has caught up to the Trail by now --- we'll see.

Walk softly,
Jim