[at-l] Pine Grove Furnace Store - Half Gallon Club - 2001 Pic

On Thursday, December 5, 2002, at 09:45  AM, Jim and/or Ginny Owen
wrote:
> Y'know, Clark, I think thruhikers must be getting wimpier <G>
>
> I finished my half-gallon in 35 minutes - and I was the slow one that
> day.
> Wasn't feeling all that great when I finished either.  At least until
> I went
> back to the hostel and put down 2 extra large helpings of Linguini
> with clam
> sauce and lots of Italian bread.  Then all was right with the world.
> Stay on topic!

A few anectdotes from this year's class re: 1/2 gallon club:

	2Timer finished his half gallon in 14 minutes

	Mo finished his in 9+ minutes!

	1 Gallon Bill hiked his 20th anniversary thru-hike this year--in
	1982 he thought the 1/2 gallon wasn't enough and finished off
	another 1/2 gallon.  This year he just passed.

	Oh yeah.  Radar didn't quite make it.  It probably had something to
	do with eating a huge hamburger first and picking mint-chocolate
	chip.  Note to the class of 2003.  Don't use mint-chocolate chip.

Radar
AT-2002: www.trailjournals.com/gwright
PCT-2004: ?