[at-l] Pine Grove Furnace Store - Half Gallon Club - 2001 Pic

Clark wrote:
>Thought I would post this link to my pic from 2001 of our efforts to
>join the half gallon club!  From left to right:  Thru-Thinker
>[successfully cosnumed 1/2 gal of cherries jubilee in about 40 minutes];
>Gypsy [smarter than the rest of us!]; The King [got his down in about an
>hour, but then disappeared into the restroom for the longest time!];
>Sundial [winner of the most determined award - choked down the last of
>his liquid mess after about 2 hours]; Honkey [ate his like it was just a
>snack!]; and two more good hiker friends whose names are escaping me
>right now . . .

Y'know, Clark, I think thruhikers must be getting wimpier <G>

I finished my half-gallon in 35 minutes - and I was the slow one that day.
Wasn't feeling all that great when I finished either.  At least until I went
back to the hostel and put down 2 extra large helpings of Linguini with clam
sauce and lots of Italian bread.  Then all was right with the world.

Only problem is that when I crawled into bed, I couldn't sleep - I kept
thinking about how I'd have to hike another 20 miles the next day to get to
my next ice cream "fix".  <VBG>

Walk softly,
Jim