[at-l] Tirade or Truth

--
In a message dated 12/4/2002 8:01:33 PM Eastern Standard Time,
baltimorejack@hotmail.com writes:

> as long as
> Mr. Bruce insists on speaking as the self-appointed authoritative voice of
> this community.

            ***    I'm still struck that even after this final overrun of
Trailplace and its creator that none of his truer ideas have been touched nor
has his ultra-orthodox, yet sound, Trail approach been disproven. If there is
a place for a campfire there is certainly a place for somebody to try to
promote Trail ideals that they see as being overlooked or subverted by more
popular outlooks.

       The reason the media contacts WF to quote on Trail matters is because
he has made the effort to be there. You can't be upset if you spend your
Trail efforts differently and don't have them come to you. I don't always
agree with him, and don't always approve of his Trail views, but I do find
him the only source of advocacy matters I believe in as a Trail member. I
find some of his Trail stances to be refreshingly direct and more appropriate
to the Trail's purpose than ATC's. He fills a need ATC can't because it needs
to shield itself from politically correct public reaction or bureaucratic
limitations. For all his official rigidity and strict rules orientation I
strangely find more ideological Trail "soul" in this guy than anyone else...

       So far, Baltimore, the only real harm I can see he has done is provide
a guidebook, make unmatched efforts for Trail protection, push a conservative
Trail agenda, ask people to be better contributing Trail members, and provide
an informative Trail information outlet. (I won't comment on the ATC lawsuit
or his trailside manner).

     They speak to him because there is no other such voice...