[at-l] Fuel in Mail - Bad idea

as a certified pilot, i know a bit about such things myself - the
problem on the Value Jet flight was threefold:
1)  the large quantity of explosive product;
2)  the way it was NOT properly packed; and
3)  the lack of accurate information re the cargo

to compare a few hiker/camper/climbers packing an occasional fuel bottle
in the middle of soft luggage to this air disaster is ridiculous - the
only one of the three items above that comes into play at all is #3, and
all one has to do is take reasonable precautions in the packing process
to assure a safe passage for all concerned . . . you have a much higher
chance of getting hit by improperly tied down cargo on the 18-wheeler or
pickup truck or SUV with skis on the rack than you do from an occasional
aluminum fuel bottle designed to take high pressures that is placed in
the middle of a soft duffel bag . . .

my last salvo on this . . .

thru-thinker