[at-l] Nomand Lite

--
In a message dated 12/4/2002 5:18:38 PM Eastern Standard Time,
Adkhiker2003@wmconnect.com writes:

>  With the Lite, you had plenty of room?     I have a Cobra right now and
> that is 27 sf area,  how does the head and foot room of those two compare?

I don't know anything about the Cobra, but I have plenty of room in the Nomad
(6 foot tall)

>  I admit I am a little spoiled with my cobra,  lots of room, keeps me dry
> and cozy on cold wet days, but at 4lbs I am looking to cut down the weight
> and look at the lite and the 2-4-2 I could easily cut that in half.
>
>  You mentioned that you took it on the PCT and CDT,  how well did it wear?
> Did it ever start wetting out or wearing out?

Considering I used this tent nearly every night on the two trails (no
shelters) it's help up remarkably well.  I'm not very easy on my gear!

>   One of the things about my Cobra is that I can batten down the fly and it
> will keep me toasty warm with a little condensation,   can I do that with
> the lite?

Probably one of the best features of the Nomad is the awning!  You can sit
and watch the storms.  With proper pitching (away from the wind), no rain
will enter the tent.  In nasty storm and I've seen a few, you can lower the
awning.

>   How did it handle the rain?   I remember reading that the sil-nylon was
> quick to dry since it absorbs no water... is this true?

It handle the rain very well, it's waterproof!  And quick to dry....

>  On the lite,  it looks like it needs three pole,  two for the inside and
> one for the fly or is there a pole?

The Nomad is ideal if you use a set of Leki style hiking poles for the
interior configuration and comes with an awning pole and two spreader bars at
either end.

>  Thanks,,  A lot of questions... but I know a few of us here on the list
> are looking at this tent, so I will be the one to step forward and ask...

Sure that's what I'm here for...  and to stir up some controversy every now
and then!

Have a great hike!

Sly