[at-l] PA Ruck Attendees

Gary Roberts wrote:
>Who is coordinating this year's PA Ruck 2003?  Would it be a good idea to
>keep a list of attendee's?  I have one from last year in Word 2000 format
>with names, trailnames, email addresses and city/state.  It also states if
>they were hostelling or camping. It is, not at all, a complete list of last
>years attendees.  Just a thought.  Or is it too soon to start such a list?
>Maybe we could include, something to the effect of, A "who needs a shuttle
>from where" category.  By the way, anyone else going besides me?
>I'd be glad to start:
>
>Gary Roberts	groberts@npr.org <mailto:groberts@npr.org> 	Rockville,
>MD		camping site # ??

Gary -
I'm probably as close to a coordinator as you'll find right now.
Anyone who wants to make reservations, it's not too early now.

Anyone who wants to volunteer their AT slide show for Friday or Saturday
night, let me know.  We're gonna try to "schedule" the slide shows this year
(although that might no work).

Saturday morning may have some other activities, but I can tell you that
some of us will be doing a short hike.  I figure someone will volunteer to
run the stove cook-off.  And Saturday afternoon we'll do a future thruhiker
Q&A session -- maybe we can get Baltimore Jack and a couple other thruhikers
to do that?  There are other possibilities, but it's too soon to commit to
them yet.

There'll be more organization stuff (like food) after Christmas. Kahley
won't be doing any organizing this year - but hopefully she'll be there, at
least for a little while.  Pog will be in charge of the kitchen at least for
Saturday night.  Anyone want to volunteer to do soup and bread for Saturday
lunch?  Or Friday night dinner? Or breakfast either day?

And finally - there WILL be a fundraiser for the AT Museum.  Voluntary
contributions are welcome (we already have some of those).  Anyone who wants
to donate old or unused gear to the cause?  We had a do-it-yourself gear
sale last year that raised a bit of money for the Maine Rose Fund.  We'll
try that again this year for another worthy cause.  More details on this
later ---

Gary - since you asked about keeping the "list" --- guess who just
volunteered <VBG>   And you can add Ginny and me and, reportedly, Baltimore
Jack to it.  Last year, by actual head count, we had about 160 people for
Saturday night dinner - including a former thruhiker  that we dragged in off
the highway.  It may get to be a long list.

Any questions, comments, volunteers, contributions?  Carping and criticism
aren't accepted - smiles are.

Y'all have a good night,
Jim