[at-l] Junk Mail from ALDHA Directory?

--
Tim,

Now that I think of it you're probably right, another member may have made up
their own list.  I know of one other member that's sent out a couple
postcards  trying to sell his book and possibly a few others.  I don't have a
problem with that, he's not playing with anyone's emotions, like the lawyer,
thru-hiker, wannabe peak bagging, we can save the children in Guatemala guy.

Regardless of how he got our names, I still have a problem with hiking for a
cause.

"Hey, I'm going to hike the AT, wanna donate some money to charity?  For
every mile I hike, you'll help save a needy person."

Why not do this at home?  Sell cookies, pop corn, panhandle, anything!  Why
must it be confused with thru-hiking or climbing Kilmanjaro?

In regards to Weary's comment agreeing with WF that only hikes for betterment
of the trail doen't cut it either, imo.  If anything, he's trying to put
himself on a higher pedestal.  It's for the trail!   Right.  Go get your
hands dirty, instead of trying to be a prima donna.......

It all comes back to, Hike your own hike!  No one elses.

I don't mean to come across as insensitive to any cause or issue, I honestly
believe any time spent on the trail should be for yourself.

Sly