[at-l] Junk Mail from ALDHA Directory?

At 08:20 PM 12/3/2002 -0500, Slyatpct@aol.com wrote:
>--
>In a message dated 12/3/2002 3:18:10 PM Eastern Standard Time,
>bullard@northnet.org writes:
>
> > I got it too.  This strikes me as an abuse of the directory.
> >

>I didn't want to get into that part.
>
>#5, Who does ALDHA sell or give this list to anyway?  How much money could
>they possibly make?  Aren't there better ways to raise money?  I can think of
>a few.
>
>Don't make me run for board.....  : )

He said he was a "recent" thru-hiker (Mar. to  Oct. 2001& finished in Mar.
2002?) so I suspect he may be a member of ALDHA (but I couldn't find him in
the 2002 directory).  He's trying to raise money for a Lions and Rotary
Foundation by climbing Mt. Kilimanjaro.  It's a good cause but I didn't
expect to receive solicitations for donations to various unrelated
organizations based on my inclusion in the directory.