[at-l] FAQs

>What do you think of hiking with a cell fone?
The blue ones are nice, and make a good weight for tossing bear ropes over
limbs.

>What do you think of Bryson's book?
It was funny in parts, except where he insulted real people.

>What do you think of dogs on the trail?
I've met hundreds. They seem nice. 99% of their owners are idiots, tho...

>Who is Wingfoot and what has he done for the trail?
Not everything he claims.

>What is a 'ruck' and where is it held? Will there be one in
>my area?
Rucks are intentional meeting of members of the Trail community. They're held
everywhere from State Parks to Mara's kitchen. If you want one, you'll get
one.

>Is Felix real?
True story: I was talking to Felix one Fall afternoon in New Hampshire. Into
the parking lot jogged a large group of Dartmouth athletes. Females. Sports
bras. Spandex shorts. They disappeared into the woods. Last I saw of Felix
all weekend. Felix. Real.

>Is there a right way or wrong way to thru-hike?
Yes. But no one can tell you.

>Can I post my gear list here and will you go through it and
tell me what I don't really need and what is wrong with what
I do really need?
Youbetchas. Tuckerizations R Us.