[at-l] Appalachian Geo-History

Here's a pretty cool link concerning the history of the Appalachian
mountains. http://vulcan.wr.usgs
gov/LivingWith/VolcanicPast/Places/volcanic_past_appalachians.html

As my hike draws nearer, I seem to be sucking in more info about "what" I
will be hiking on. If you have any links, please let me know.

Soleman - WAYAG
Ted Anderson www.trailjournals.com/soleman

"It was on the first of May, in the year 1769, that I resigned my domestic =
happiness for a time, and left my family and peaceable habitation on the Ya=
dkin River, in North Carolina, to wander through the wilderness of America"=
.........Daniel Boone