[at-l] AT-L FAQ?

Nope. The apology messages are just the initial hesitancy of new
listers. The absense of a FAQ allows for less rigidity and more
dialogue on hiking issues, including the ever changing technology of
clothing, shelters, cooking gear, backpacks and the like.

If just gotta have a FAQ, I'd have to point you toward ALDHA's
Companion, available as a freebie in PDF format at their website. Other
options would include the ATC's website. There are some "resources" I
would avoid, as such places impose rules against discussion of any
other resources as well as any opinion differing from their omnipotent
one.

In general, if you have a question, simply put it out there. You might
get a lot of differing opinions, but that might help you understand the
breadth of options to a hiker.

Bill...