[at-l] re:a real thru-hiker review on digital vs film, etc

> Unfortunately we just had a several week long thread about this very
> subject, you might want to try to look at the archives to see if you can

Well, I was responding to a post that quoted a "review" of digital vs film.
In fact, I did a search before posting my reply, though admittedly a
half-hearted one (searched for "digital camera" and the most recent hit was
1999), and unfortunately did not catch that recent thread. So, a day late
and a dollar short...

Anyway, I'm more interested in discussing rangefinders, and anyone's
experience with them, as I'm shopping for another one. Specifically, has
anyone here used a Contax G on any extended trip? Or what point and shoot
cameras have been used here?