[at-l] Resupply question

Hello all,

    I am planning a thruhike/loooong section hike starting Jan. 2nd running
until May 17th.  I want to get as much done as possible without making it a
race and perhaps if the weather holds up I can finish. So I was wondering
which method of resupplying would be faster- maildrop or buying along the
way?   My mother and father are very willing to do my mailboxes if needed so
that is not as issue.  I am not planning on buying things in bulk so they
will be able to augment my drops to better suit my wants.  So if you were
planning a trip where there is a need to get in and out of town fast, which
method would you use?

Thanks and have a wonderful Thanksgiving,

Ron

...35 days until I hit Springer!