[at-l] No Hunting?

--
In a message dated 11/27/2002 1:15:25 AM Eastern Standard Time,
mfuller@somtel.com writes:

> >                 I believe these were some of the people
> > MacKaye intended to help. They had been shattered by a
> > brutal mechanized war and needed to be taken care of.
>
> The veterans were marching because they'd been "shattered"
> by the economic collapse, not by the war.

       ***   If you read (or even care about) MacKaye, the AT's designer, you
would see his plan would have lead those frustrated people into fresh air and
self-sufficiency, where they would have built a monumental conservation
project that would also be paying off at its functional maturity. If we are
referencing fiscal analogies think of a society making further loans on a
bankrupt environment...

     Whether you accept him or not, MacKaye is very relevant...