[at-l] Turkey for me, turkey for you..

My obligatory have a "nice Thanksgiving everyone"
post. As mentioned, I am off to Utah tomorrow  to
spend my holiday in canyon country. The red rock
canyon lands of Utah is simply gorgeous and can not
wait to go back.

Since I will be in the heart of Abbey Country and this
is a list about the outdoors, will quote from Abbey's
intro to the 1982 edition of Desert Solitaire:

Benedicto: May your trails be crooked, winding,
lonesome dangerous, leading to the most amazing view.
May your mountains rise into and out of the clouds.
May your rivers flow without end, meandering through
pastoral valleys, tinkling with bells, past temples
and castles and poets towers into a dark primeval
forest where tigers belch and monkeys howl, through
miasmal and mysterious swamps and down into a desert
of red rock, blue mesas, domes and pinnacles and
grottos of endless stone, and down again into a deep
vast ancient unknown chasm where bars of sunlight
blaze on profiled cliffs, where deer walk across the
white sand beaches, where storms come and go as
lightning clangs upon high crags, where something
strange and more beautiful and more full of wonder
than your deepest dreams waits for you ...beyond the
next turning of the canyon walls.

*****

So whether on the trail seeing what is around the bend
or enjoying the company of your family and friends,
enjy the holiday.

Mags

=====