[at-l] RE: No Hunting?

At 04:51 PM 11/26/2002 -0500, Topher Hughes wrote:
>Ok, Im hoping to maybe hijack this thread onto a more pleasant subject
>we all enjoy, namely, long distance hiking. Does anyone know the status
>of long distance hiking trails in other countries?

I only know a bit about the British Isles where hiking Inn to Inn is very
popular.  There are lots of trails in the lake district, they hike South to
North (Lands End to John O'Groats [sp?]), West to East on the remnants of
Hadrians Wall, etc.  One day last summer I found a guide to British Hiking
in the magazine exchange bin at the local library.  It's now on the shelf
with my AT books and when I get too feeble to hike I want to rent a canal
boat in England for a month or more. Yeah!

sAunTerer