[at-l] Maildrop/resupply information

Sparky---

   In addition to what other folks have told you, you might want to check
out the information posted at www.trailquest.net.atresupply.html

   I've had several folks tell me they found this material useful.

   As to your other questions, I'd suggest you use the Thru-Hiker's
Companion rather than the Handbook, for several reasons, the primary one
being that the author of the Handbook has done little, or more likely NO
long-distance hiking in a decade, and is personally unfamiliar with a great
many of the places, stores, and facilities he's writing about; I feel that
the Companion is more likely to contain accurate, up-to-date, information,
as it is compiled and written each year by folks who've thru-hiked recently,
and who have actually visited and are truly familiar with the places they're
writing about.

   Plus the Companion comes out on time in order for you to make best use of
it with your planning and preparation; regrettably, the Handbook's recent
history in this regard, is most unfortunate.

   For information on getting a 2003 Companion, go to either www.aldha.org,
or try "The Ultimate Trail Store" section at www.atconf.org   If you want a
look at the 2002 edition, it is posted on the aldha website.

   If you've any other questions re re-supply, send em along.