[at-l] Winter hammock pad

I was in my local Target the other night, and noticed a large selection of
outdoorsy gear. (Garmin GPS units, blister packed, from $100-250, right next
to the Swiss Army Knives.)

Anyway, they had a Target Camping Pad, made of blue closed-cell foam,
3/8-inch thick, at 27x72-inches. Now, I sure wouldn't want to sleep on
3/8-inch foam, but the width caught my eye. It's plenty wide enough for use
in my hammock, and with a little trimming of the length and some general
reshaping, it's under 6 ounces. (The extra 7 inches of width a useful in a
hammock because the hammock wraps around your shoulders, and you need
insulation there.) It was $10.

I'll try it the weekend after Thanksgiving and let you know how it works.

Cheers,

Ken
Big Cranky