[at-l] AJC on the Shooting 11/26

--

Is this the solution..?
More signs...
I own land that joins a public WMA in SC.
I decided to protect MY land to give the animals (and me) a safe refuge dur=
ing hunting season.
I had an assessment done by the state to ensure I provide all needed food, =
water, cover, etc... and then listed it as PROTECTED with the SC DNR, Audub=
on Society, International Audubon Society, Five Star wildlife management as=
sociation, Habitat for wildlife, and others, I even had the high power righ=
t of way designated as protected by the Power for Wildlife program.

To get to the point,
Each organization provided me with special "SIGNS" to post saying this is a=
 "PROTECTED / WILDLIFE AREA".
The result was hunters thinking this meant that my land was OPEN for PUBLIC=
 hunting.
Many only read the WILDLIFE AREA and ignored the PROTECTED part of the sign=
s.
Some ATV owner/hunters even built a NEW road thru the woods to gain access =
to my property.

I hate (NO TRESPASSING) signs but have had to place them near the other sig=
ns.
The hunters DID notice the NO TRESSPASSING signs... they have torn them dow=
n several times now.

Jeff