Re[2]: [at-l] No Hunting?

>...> Finally - there's a question to be answered -  WHAT
> THE HELL WAS A SUPPOSEDLY RESPONSIBLE ADULT SCOUT LEADER DOING WITH THOSE KIDS
> OUT THERE DURING HUNTING SEASON?" asks Jim.

I don't know much about Pennsylvania, but in states with limited public land
like Maine (5% at last count) most woods walking and most hunting takes place on
private land.

Somehow we manage to share with only a minimum of accidents. I walk in the woods
where hunting is allowed daily, both because I enjoy it and because I need to
maximize my lung capacity.

Somehow we manage to share without killing each other very often. Some years no
one is killed in Maine. But occasionally a careless hunter will kill or injure a
hiker. The alternative to a woods walk are sometimes deadly sidewalks and
streets, or deadly, boring malls.

Weary