[at-l] ResSupply Questions.

--

  I am wondering about how the heck I am going to resupply on the AT when I
go.  I swung by the local outfitters today after work and splurged on the AT
Guide for GA/NC.   ANd to be honest I don't have the first idea on how to
plan my drop boxes, where I would want to send them, at what interval would I
send them.   I was also told by some on this list to buy as I go and only
send what I could not get at resupply points.

  So I guess this is what I am asking...

1)  At what intervals, be days or miles, did most of you resupply at?

2)  How did you resupply?  Mail drops or local pick up

3)  Where were your mail drops and resupply points?

4)  How far ( on average ) did you have to hump to town and if you did, was
it an all day affair?

5)  Will "Wingfoots" book really help or should I look elsewhere... ( not
trolling by asking that question... )

6)  What about this Appalachian Trail Planning work book that the AT sells?

As you can see I am a bit at a loss here...

Thanks!

Sparky!