[at-l] hunting lands vs game lands

> Anyhow - what would be the results of going walkabout on state game
> lands (aside from risking being shot)? Is it illegal? Discouraged? I've
> obviously never been hunting, else I'd probably know the answer to this.
> The more that I think about it, the less likely it seems that game lands
> are really restricted to just hunters - the AT passes over game land,
> and there is a trail that connects the AT to valley forge park (the
> horseshoe trail? the diamond trail? I cant remember the name) which I
> cant imagine doesnt cross game land (given how much of the turnpike
> between the two points crosses state game land).

I don't know about PA but in Florida access is restricted to state hunting
preserves (called WMAs) during hunting season. I have not done any hunting
down here but I think you have to sign in when entering the land during the
hunting seasons. As some one pointed out these lands are paid for by the
hunters and so they get first demand on them.

Bryan