[at-l] AT Hiker Shot By Hunter

--

We had a rumor running down the trail for weeks about a South Bound Thruhik=
er being shot by an arrow on the first day of bow season. We were fairly su=
re that it was a rumor by the way the story kept getting BIGGER AND BETTER =
with each telling. It never happened... at least not to the girl it was sup=
posed to have happened to and we have had no official news of such an incid=
ent. But each time the story came up, the situation with hunters on and nea=
r the trail was discussed. For weeks now, the SOBO's have told about deer b=
linds set up near the trail and tree stands set up to sight right down the =
AT! Those out hiking right now have seen MANY hunters using the AT to get t=
o hunting areas... of course they were walking with loaded guns "just in ca=
se they got lucky". I have been passing out blaze orange ribbon and jokingl=
y telling hikers to SING! LOUDLY!

I am really sorry to hear about the young girl and I hope she recovers quic=
kly.

Miss Janet in Erwin

Miss Janet

MIss Janet's House
220 North Elm Ave                  http://www.geocities.com/missjanetshouse
Erwin, Tn 37650

Full Service Hiker Bunk and Breakfast
Hiker Shuttles from Hot Springs,NC to Damascus, VA
(423)743-1932 home/leave message