[at-l] AT Hiker Shot By Hunter

There are some sections of the AT (and also around my childhood home in
Western NY, for that matter) where I wouldn't feel safe walking in the woods
during deer season dressed in blaze orange from head to toe, carrying a boom
box blaring Flight of the Valkeries.  But thats just me.

Educating hunters about the Trail is a great idea, but as long as the
reality of hunting exists along the AT, trail-head notification to the folk
who think that the AT is some sort of protected environment might also be a
good idea.

I'm glad I live in a state that phohibits hunting on Sunday, and think more
and more states are going in that direction.

Rick B