[at-l] food bag

--
In a message dated 11/24/2002 5:31:48 PM Eastern Standard Time,
KarenS62@aol.com writes:

> So, since I obviously will need to think about a new one - what do you carry
> your food in?  Mesh bag? Garbage bag? stuff sack? water proof?
> non-waterproof? size?

I carry my food in gallon size zip locks.  Breafasts, lunches, snacks,  and
dinners all in seperate bags.  Sometimes, I'll put treats and condiments in a
smaller quart or pint size bag.  Then I put them all in 2 1/2 gallon jumbo
zip locks and usually carry two of these.   I also carry my extra clothes in
the jumbo size zip locks, sometimes seperated by gallon size bags.

If I have to hang my food (per regulations) I'll put these in my sleeping bag
stuff sack and then hang it. If I think it's going to rain, I'll put a light
plastic super market shopping bag over this.  Otherwise, I line them up
inside my tent so I know what's what.  When I pack up in the morning I'll put
my lunches and snacks towards the top.

Of course we know how well bears and critters can smell, but by double and
triple bagging, I've never had a problem.  YMMV

Sly