[at-l] On the way to the opera...

(Note: If you are going to give me advice about anything at
all...please don't read on!!!  :-)

Well, not the opera, really. More like my parent's house.
Anyway...I got up nice and early this a.m. with plans to
ride my bike to my folx's place (about 12 miles) where they
were going to take me across Bloomington so I could pick up
my new pick-up. (Are you with me so far?) Anyway, it was
about 26=BA when I left, gloveless. (Though, I was wearing my
nice, tight, bicycle shorts...) My hands quickly started to
freeze. When I got to the place where my 'country road'
meets a secondary highway (about 4 miles), I decided to stop
and warm my hands. As I was standing there, a'stradling my
bike, I started to sweat. Then, I started seeing black
spots. So, I laid my head on my handlebars for a minute.
Next thing ya know, I'm 'waking up'. I remember looking at
my bike thinking "Why is my bike laying there?" Well, it was
laying there because I was laying there, too. Well, I was
more laying in the crushed stone next to the highway...'cept
that my helmeted-head was laying on the white line of the
highway. So, I got up and looked things over a bit. Little
scuffin' of the knee, crushed-stone-dust on my fleece,
helmet dented and scratched a little.

When I got home, I ate some ice cream...and, scratched my
itchin' arm.

--
Felix J. McGillicuddy
ME-->GA '98