[at-l] Another Challenge by JFK

--
I spent the day in Boulder and spent much money at Boulder's new REI.
Between spending binges, I binged on Chinese at the nearby, wonderful Jin
Chan Restaurant, reading the article in this month's ATLANTIC MONTHLY about
Kennedy's many physical ailments.

If he'd been on the trail, we would have just said to take lots of Vit I and
Flagil and to put some Neosporin on that abscess until he could get into
town.  His response would have been to march on at a 4mph pace, to drop in to
see a doc in a nearby town (but to keep it hush-hush), and to hike on out of
town without so much as an acknowledgement that he was in agony with every
step.

Actually, he may have just taken OB along with him to attend to all his
medical problems.  Ooops.  Maybe OB wasn't one of his supporters.  Well, some
superdoc, anyhow.

Kinnickinic

What an amazing performance he gave us!  And his determination to make a life
for himself in spite of his many ailments (even though this involved deceit)
is both a challenge and an inspiration.

Kinnickinic