[at-l] Re: AT-L digest, Vol 1 #1276 - 47 msgs

> If you were to spend Thanksgiving on the trail, what would you make for
> Thanksgiving dinner?

I did that in 97 in Georgia/NC and my birthday was the next day.

What would I make?   Trail Magic.
Could you imagine being the receiver of "Thanksgiving works" at a trail
crossing?

Our Thanksgiving dinner was tuna from a can with crackers.
On that day I thought Trail Magic would abound. Cars zoomed up and down
Winding Stair Gap but alas none stopped. Ironically, Two southbound
dayhikers passed us and asked if we were thru hikers. We were doing only 134
miles so we did not qualify for the turkey and dressing they brought.
Thanksgiving day 1997 was still a day for thanks - We had a lot more than
did not.  The forest,  the Trail, trail maintainers, our good health, great
weather, water in the springs, each other, freedom.  I could add a hundred
'gratefuls' to this list.
SLIM aka Nancy